I think Secure Settings should ...

Add Trust Agent actions to supplement Lollipop's Smart Lock feature

Android Lollipop includes a Smart Lock feature that (currently) dialed the screen lock when the device is in a trusted environment. This works regardless of the screen lock type in use (I.e. pin/password/face). Smart Lock currently considers an environment trusted when in proximity to specified Bluetooth or NFC devices, or when in specified locations (using location services). The requested functionality would allow users to use any Tasker context to identify a trusted environment. Examples include Wi-Fi connection or proximity, cell tower proximity, desk dock or car dock presence, etc.

In many cases, I believe this would also serve as a workaround for the bug in Lollipop that prevents Secure Settings from seeing/clearing a PIN (I think the most common use of this is to doable the screen lock).

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Quinlan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminCorey Z (Admin, intangibleObject) responded  · 

Trust agent functionality is currently only available to system applications signed with the platform signature. Additionally, Lollipop can only support a single active trust agent which is reserved for Google Play Services. This may be possible as an Xposed module once that is stable for 5.0.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...